Sometimes important texts get deleted while removing other unwanted threads taking up phone memory, rooting or system crashing. This can get real messy depending upon the text deleted.
To avoid these situations, phone users can retrieve their old texts by following a few steps detailed below in the article. These days, apps are available for the same job and one can use them without getting hassled.
How To Recover Deleted Messages On Android?
After deleting a text from an android phone, it isn’t deleted from the memory. The phone changes the space of the messages deleted and when the user creates new information, the new data created will overwrite the deleted message.
To retrieve texts, the following steps should be followed:
- Connect the phone to a computer with a data retrieving program(available free on the internet) and turn on the USB debugging, if off, so the computer can detect the phone.
- The program shows a screen once the phone and computer are connected. User can choose “Messages” and then click “Next”
- Tick the box of “Message Attachments” too.
- The Android Data recovery will need access to the deleted SMS data. There comes a pop-up window asking your permission. Tap on “Allow”.
- The program then scans the phone and displays the deleted and existing texts. Click on the texts to be recovered, the press “Recover”.
How To Recover DeletediMessages On iPhone
It is often asked that how to recover deleted imessages on iphone so here is your answer. Go to settings and click the arrow next to the user’s name, click on iCloud then click on iCloud backup.Check if the time of the last backup was before or after the texts got deleted.If the backup predates the message deletion, restore it with the backup pre-dating the message deletion.Now go back to settings and click General then click Reset and ‘Erase All Content and Settings’.
- Confirm when the pop-up window comes up and don’t choose Backup Then Erase or the messages won’t be recovered.
Following these steps, the deleted texts can be recovered easily.