Reaching one’s objective without any distraction is the core of every activity. In a day, a student has to do a lot of things like pay attention to the studies, remember various tasks, do homework, ask for help among peers and teachers and also follow the rules and regulations. doing all these tasks effortlessly can be a challenge for most of the students and that is why it is important to boost their executive function skills. executive function is basically a set of skills that is related to mental processing that helps a child or even an adult reach their goals without any interruption of any kind. one can learn more about it from the better business bureau.
Important tips for EF enhancement
Tips that can strengthen the executive function skills in adults and children are:
- Finding a supportive role model can help one boost their cognitive prowess and they also get to learn from their models.
- One should live in an environment which has well-defined rules and regulations as it decreases the uncertainty from ones routine.
- One should teach the students to set goals and plan their routines around them.
- Students should be given a chance to find their opportunities and also become more independent in taking their own decisions.
- Students should be taught to manage their time so that they can finish their jobs and activities on time.
- One should work on the students working memory by dividing their work into sections so that they can organize them efficiently.
- To develop EF various organizing tools should be used like checklists, guides, etc.
- Students should also be exposed to various other neurologically enhanced programs so that they can work on their organizing, reading, language and other mental skills.
- One should pay attention to the students SEL competency levels too and should regularly work on their social and emotional skills.
- Students should be inculcated with a mindset of growth so that they can understand the importance of growing one’s intelligence so as to excel in learning.