When you have a good lab oven, you can be sure that it will last a lot of years. Even if you have heavy usage on a regular basis but it will be up and working. Hence, you need to be careful when you buy a lab oven and understand how you ought to use it. In this short article, you will learn about some of the most essential features that you need to consider if you wish to buy ovens for aggregates and other such materials testing.
Things you need to be aware:
Testing an Application
The test applications for construction materials will use the lab ovens for drying materials at a controlled temperature and also heat up materials like asphalt for testing and handling. It will be important that you should follow all the testing protocols if you heat aggregates and other construction materials. Try to avoid high temperatures as it can change the properties of the materials.
Range of Temperature
If you want to match the lab oven with your applications, then you need to ensure that you have a good maximum temperature range. You will need to have an oven that offers a higher maximum temperature range than the maximum temperature that you would generally require for your work. However, the models that have high-temperature ranges are not always able to offer you the best stability or uniformity in a performance that is essential for working with low temperatures. Thus, it is important to find an oven that can be effective for both purposes.
Drying of Aggregates
There are several oven models that list a minimum temperature for operation. The lowest temperature in which the ovens will work understated specifications is the minimum temperature range. This will be an essential feature when you want to use your oven for testing various types of materials.
Ways to integrate your lab oven to improve efficiency:
- Do not use the same power supply: You must not plug all the ovens inside your lab in your power supply. The reason for this is that when you have power outages, or if a fuse is blown up then you will not risk finding all your lab ovens to have become useless and damaged.
- Integrate the pressure controls with the temperature control system: The different ovens are specifically designed for working with different types of samples that can require different pressure or temperature settings. You will need to integrate all of them so as to ensure that you can choose the right oven for your purpose.
- Categorize the ovens in a specific manner: You will need to set the ovens up in specific categories and then place them all at the right locations inside the lab. Do not place two or more ovens beside each other as it can lead to a build-up of heat inside the lab. Keep the ovens away from such equipment where several forms of dry equipment tests are done. You may place the ovens in places where you keep your moisture analyzers so that it can increase the efficiency inside the lab.
- Do proper maintenance always: It will be vital that you are able to take care of your lab ovens in a proper manner. You will need to clean the ovens on a regular basis or a minimum of two times every week. You will need to call up customer care services in case you experience any form of problems with your hardware. Do not try to undertake any repairing work by yourself. You will find useful guidance and tips on maintenance from good lab equipment suppliers, so choose a good supplier.
- Lab equipment in general: When you want to see that you have a fully integrated lab then you will need to ensure that the lab ovens are integrated with the other equipment as well. There is various equipment that will work together with lab ovens in specific experiments. It is important that you place this equipment close to one another so that the lab workers can easily and quickly access them. You should also see that the different equipment has settings that are integrated with each other and also plug them all into different power sources.
LAb ovens are crucial parts of a modern lab. IT is important that you find a good supplier for your lab oven. You should keep your equipment in an effective manner so that it can be used efficiently. Proper placing of lab equipment will ensure that there is no contamination of samples. Follow the steps mentioned here to ensure that your lab ovens work properly. Hopefully, the information mentioned in this article will have helped you. You should buy your lab equipment from online suppliers to get great deals and inexpensive prices.